Eurocopter Tiger/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Eurocopter Tiger, or pages that link to Eurocopter Tiger or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Eurocopter Tiger. Needs checking by a human.
- AGM-114 Hellfire : A U.S. Army guided missile, fired from attack helicopters, Air Force and CIA unmanned aerial vehicles and ground platforms against tanks and other armored vehicles, bunkers, "soft" vehicles, and cave targets.
- Attack helicopter : A helicopter equipped with built-in heavy weapons, which has no standard cargo capacity and is used as a "flying tank" in close air support or battlefield air interdiction.
- EADS : A multinational European military manufacturer
- Electronic warfare expendables dispenser : Part of an integrated electronic warfare system which fires, manually or under computer control, flares, chaff, and disposable jammers, all in a compatible cartridge form factor and possibly tows intelligent reusable decoys
- FIM-92 Stinger : A second-generation United States Army surface-to-air missile that can be fired from a soldier's shoulder, from vehicle-mounted launchers, and, in an air-to-air missile configuration, from attack helicopters. Uses combined infrared-ultraviolet guidance to resist countermeasures.
- Forward-looking infrared : An older term for thermal imaging systems, typically airborne, that can "see" objects by their heat emissions and difference from background, in conditions including night and fog
- Laser rangefinder : A device, analogous to radar but using light rather than radio waves, which measures the distance to an object of interest.
- Mast Mounted Sight : On military helicopters, ahollow extension goes above the top of the driveshaft, capped with a roughly spherical sensor housing, which is the only part exposed while the aircraft hovers behind a barrier
- Mast-mounted sensor : A means of mounting various sensors, such as surveillance, weapons control and warning, on top of the driveshaft of a helicopter, placing the sensors above the rotor so only they need to be exposed by a helicopter hiding in ground terrain
- Night vision devices : Devices that amplify very low levels of visible or infrared light, such as starlight, allowing people to see in apparent darkness. They do not work when no light is present, as do forward-looking infrared systems
- Rotary wing aircraft : Aircraft, especially a helicopter, that is kept partially or completely airborne by airfoils rotating around a vertical axis.
- Unguided rocket : A form of artillery weapon that uses a rocket motor to propel a warhead at a target, using no guidance once launched