Early Days and Latter Days
|Early Days and Latter Days|
|Type||compilation box set|
|Release Date||19 November 2002 (US)|
19 November 2002 (UK)
|Recorded||October 1968 - December 1978 at various studios.|
Mastered at Sterling Sounds, New York.
|Genre||Hard rock, blues rock, folk rock, rock|
|Length||120 minutes 36 seconds|
|Catalogue||Atlantic 83619-2 (US)|
Atlantic 7567-83619-2 (UK)
Early Days and Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volumes One and Two (also released as The Very Best of Led Zeppelin: Early Days and Latter Days) is a double compact disc anthology box set by English rock group Led Zeppelin, issued on 19 November 2002, by Atlantic Records.
The collection contains a selection of songs each chronicling a different phase of the band's career from 1969's debut album to 1979's In Through the Out Door. Each CD, Early Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume One and Latter Days: The Best of Led Zeppelin Volume Two, is enhanced to contain both standard audio tracks and multimedia computer files, playable on Windows PC or Mac. The box set case reuses the image from the Early Days release, with the photographic liner booklets retained for each disc.
This set was also issued in a limited edition LP-style slipcase, under the title The Very Best of Led Zeppelin: Early Days and Latter Days on 12 March 2003 (Atlantic 7567-83619-5). The packaging uses the same cover image as the standard release, but with a background of the box set in white. It was also accompanied by a television campaign in the United Kingdom. In the Japanese edition, each disc is housed in a miniature LP paper sleeve, with lyrics accompanying the liner notes booklet.
The album debuted at number 114 on the Billboard's 200 Albums chart, and charted for a total of 12 weeks, while it faired much better in the United Kingdom reaching number 11.
2002 Track listing:
|Chart (2003)||Peak position|
|German Albums Chart||96|
|UK Albums Chart||11|
|Irish Albums Chart||13|
|New Zealand RIANZ Top 50 Albums Chart||17|
|Finnish Albums Chart||40|
|Japanese Albums Chart||62|
|US Billboard The 200 Albums Chart||114|
|United States (RIAA)||1,600,000+||Platinum|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||380,000+||Platinum|
|RIAA – USA||Gold||19 April 2004|
|RIAA – USA||Platinum||19 April 2004|
- Lewis, Dave (2003). Led Zeppelin: The 'Tight but Loose' Files: Celebration II. London: Omnibus Press, 165. ISBN 1-84449-056-4.
- Top 100 Albums - 8 December 2002. musicline.de. Retrieved on 2009-01-19.
- Top 100 Albums - 15 March 2003. chartstats.com. Retrieved on 2009-01-17.
- Top 75 Albums - 8 March 2003. IRMA. Retrieved on 2009-01-01.
- Top 50 Albums - 6 April 2003. RIANZ. Retrieved on 2008-12-03.
- Top 100 Albums - 20 April 2003. finnishcharts.com. Retrieved on 2008-12-03.
- Top 100 Albums - 11 June 2003. Oricon. Retrieved on 2009-01-19.
- Billboard.com Early Days & Latter Days: Vol. 1 & 2 - 3 July 2004. Billboard. Retrieved on 2008-12-03.
- RIAA.org Early Days and Latter Days - 19 April 2004. RIAA. Retrieved on 2009-01-19.
- BPI Early Days and Latter Days certification - 21 October 2005. BPI. Retrieved on 2009-01-19.