- See also changes related to DiscoverTheNetworks, or pages that link to DiscoverTheNetworks or to this page or whose text .
- Media monitoring : The systematic observation of public media by interest groups and researchers to detect perceived bias; in the case of influence groups, finding such information will trigger statements, letter-writing campaigns, etc.; uses techniques similar to those of open source intelligence
- David Horowitz Freedom Center : Originally founded by David Horowitz to form a conservative presence in Hollywood, the organization is active on a number of fronts, such as DiscoverTheNetworks, to fight what it considers a combined leftist and Islamist trend in popular culture and academia
- David Horowitz : (1939—) American conservative activist who underwent a conversion from the New Left of the 1960s and 1970s, to become an intense critic of liberalism, and later Islamist thought, in popular culture; founder of the David Horowitz Freedom Center and various watchdog organizations; "favorite columnist", American Conservative Union.
- Frontpage Magazine : Online magazine of the David Horowitz Freedom Center
- Jacob Heilbrunn : Add brief definition or description
- John Perazzo : Managing Editor of DiscoverTheNetworks; columnist, Frontpage Magazine; author of The Myths That Divide Us: How Lies Have Poisoned American Race Relations
- Accuracy in Media : Founded in 1969, a self-identified conservative media monitoring organization intended to correct what it sees as bias in reporting
- Center for Media and Democracy : A nonprofit organization that draws attention to what it considers corporate and government "spin" or distortion in information released to the public
- Fairness and Accuracy in Media : Formed in 1986, a progressive group that uses media monitoring, and work with both activists and journalists, to increase diversity in the press and report on "media practices that marginalize public interest, minority and dissenting viewpoints"; acts against censorship and believes "structural reform is ultimately needed to break up the dominant media conglomerates, establish independent public broadcasting and promote strong non-profit sources of information"
- Free Exchange on Campus : A coalition of groups formed to protect what they consider to be academic freedom from conservative initiatives to preserve student academic rights, but which they consider has chilling effect
- MediaMatters : A web-based, progressive-identified think tank and interest group devoted to media monitoring of positions stated by American conservatives
- Media Research Center : An American conservative group, founded in 1987, for media monitoring of what it considers liberal bias in news reporting, headed by L. Brent Bozell III
- Project for Excellence in Journalism : Part of the Pew Research Center and generally considered neutral, a research group to study the performance of the press, particularly content analysis