Democracy promotion/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Democracy : A form of government in which ultimate sovereignty rests with the people.
- National Endowment for Democracy : A U.S. based QUANGO (i.e, quasi-autonomous non-governmental organization), with a goal of democracy promotion, chartered by the Congress but primarily made up of political party, labor union, and business representatives; receives some government funding
- Stiftung : Add brief definition or description
- United Nations Development Programme : UN organization chartered with carrying out worldwide development goals, beginning with cutting world poverty in half by the year 2015
- QUANGO : A hybrid between a fully private non-governmental organization and an organization, typically providing some sort of assistance, usually reporting to a government but sometimes to a board of "stakeholders"; They can operate within a country, be associated with single countries, or have a multinational scope.
- Solidarity (political movement) : Add brief definition or description
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe : Add brief definition or description