The Damen Group is a group of maritime related companies, founded in 1927 by brothers Jan and Marinus Damen, who established the company with a self-built shipyard and workshop, in Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Netherlands. Damen's international headquarters are in Gornichem, Netherlands. By 1954, the 200th vessel was delivered. In 1969, Jan Damen's son, Kommer Damen, was appointed general manager.
Damen Shipyards Group has 38 shipyards in 17 countries, with over 7000 employees, and also licenses its designs to other nations. Designs include tugboats, cargo vessels, dredgers, fast ferries, mega yachts, workboats, service vessels for the oil industry, and various kinds of patrol vessels. Damen shipyards manufactures standardized spare parts, allowing for ships to be relatively easy to assemble. The shell hulls are constructed in overseas countries with low overhead costs, with the specialized and complex components built in the Netherlands.
The Damen Stan Patrol 4100, Damen Stan Patrol 4207 and Damen Stan Patrol 4708, three related designs, have been built for eight other nations, other than the Netherlands and the Netherlands Antilles.
- The former Revenue (Customs) Cutters are now operated by UK Border Agency, Revenue Cutter Association, 2008. Retrieved on 2009-10-03. mirror
- New Customs Patrol Vessels, Marine talk, 2001. Retrieved on 2009-09-26. mirror
- SENTINEL Class Patrol Boat: Media Round Table, United States Coast Guard, 2008-09-30. Retrieved on 2009-09-26. mirror
- Difesa albanese ordina 4 pattugliatori a Damen Shipyards, dedalonews, 2007-11-15. Retrieved on 2009-10-03. mirror
- Iliria to Albania, Transport & Offshore Services. Retrieved on 2009-10-04. mirror
- Joris Janssen Lok. Barbados Bound, Aviation Week, 2007-10-01. Retrieved on 2009-10-03. mirror
- Damen News 9, Damen Group, 2007-03. Retrieved on 2009-10-04. mirror
- Damen Stan Patrol Vessel 4708: Lillian Ngoyi, Damen Group. Retrieved on 2009-10-11. mirror
- Oliver Moore. Coast Guard to be beefed up with nine new ships, Globe and Mail, 2009-09-03. Retrieved on 2009-09-12. mirror
- Canadian coast guard to get 9 new ships, United Press International, 2009-09-03. Retrieved on 2009-09-12. mirror
- New vessels ordered for Canadian Coast Guard, Marine Log, 2009-09-03. Retrieved on 2009-09-12. mirror
- Contract for Canadian Coast Guard Mid-Shore Patrol Vessels: Damen Shipyards Announces $194M Award for partner, Irving, Canadian American Strategic Review, 2009-09-03. Retrieved on 2009-09-07. mirror
- Contract for Canadian Coast Guard Mid-Shore Patrol Vessels: Fisheries & Oceans Announces Award for Irving Shipbuilding, Canadian American Strategic Review, 2009-09-02. Retrieved on 2009-09-07. mirror