Civil war/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Civil war, or pages that link to Civil war or to this page or whose text .
- War : A state of violent conflict which exists between two or more independent groups, each seeking to impose its will on the other.
- American Civil War: Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Chinese Civil War: Add brief definition or description
- English Civil War: 1641-1651 conflict between Parliamentarians and Royalists loyal to the monarchy.
- Russian Civil War: Add brief definition or description
- Spanish Civil War: (1936-1939) War between Francisco Franco's Loyalist forces against the leftist Republican government of Spain.
Other wars with a "civil" element are:
- Wars of the Roses: Add brief definition or description
- Algerian War: (1954-1962) Fought by Algerians seeking independence from French colonial rule.
- Bangladesh Liberation War: Add brief definition or description
- Wars of Vietnam: The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China
- Yugoslav Wars: Add brief definition or description
For the strategic analysis of civil wars, see insurgency, which discusses the "civil" versus external and revolutionary aspects.