Charles A. Beard/Bibliography
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
Works by Beard
- Works by Charles A. Beard at Project Gutenberg
- online books at books.google.com
- Beard, Charles Austin. American Government and Politics (1910), textbook, 772 pages online edition
- Beard, Charles. An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution of the United States (1913).
- Beard, Charles. Economic Origins of Jeffersonian Democracy, (1915)
- Beard, Charles and Mary Beard. The Rise of American Civilization (2 vol 1928)
- Beard, Charles. The Administration and Politics of Tokyo, (1923)
- Beard, Charles. President Roosevelt and the Coming of the War, 1941: Appearances and Realities (1948)
- Beard, Charles. Contemporary American History, 1877-1913. New York: Macmillan, 1914.
- Beard, Charles. History of the United States. New York: Macmillan, 1921.
- Blaser, Kent. The Rise of American Civilization and the Contemporary Crisis in American Historiography." The History Teacher 26, No. 1 (Nov., 1992): 71-90.
- Barrow, Clyde W. More Than a Historian: The Political and Economic Thought of Charles A. Beard. (2000).
- Borning, Bernard C. The Political and Social Thought of Charles A. Beard. University of Washington Press, 1962.
- Robert Eldon Brown, Charles Beard and the Constitution: A Critical Analysis of An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution. (1954).
- Dennis, Lawrence J. George S. Counts and Charles A. Beard: Collaborators for Change. State Univ of New York Press. (1990)
- Egnal, Marc. "The Beards Were Right: Parties in the North, 1840-1860," Civil War History, Vol. 47, 2001
- Hofstadter, Richard. The Progressive Historians: Turner, Beard, Parrington (1979), analysis of Beard's historiography.
- Kennedy, Thomas C. Charles A. Beard and American Foreign Policy (1975).
- Nore, Ellen. Charles A. Beard: An Intellectual Biography (1983).
- Radosh, Ronald. Prophets on the Right: Profiles of Conservative Critics of American Globalism (1978), on Beard as isolationist.
- Strout, Cushing. The Pragmatic Revolt in American History: Carl Becker and Charles Beard (1958).
- Cott, Nancy F. A Woman Making History: Mary Ritter Beard through Her Letters. (1991).
- McDonald, Forrest. We The People: The Economic Origins of the Constitution (1958)