Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Physical and celestial mathematics, Boston: Little, Brown (1855).
- An elementary treatise on plane and spherical trigonometry, with their applications to navigation, surveying, heights, and distances, and spherical astronomy, and particularly adapted to explaining the construction of Bowditch's navigator, and the nautical almanac, rev. ed., Boston: J. Munroe (1861)
- Linear associative algebra, Washington (lithograph) (1870).
- Linear associative algebra, Amer. J. Math., 4, 97–215 (1881)
- Ideality in the physical sciences, (J. M. Peirce, ed.), Boston: Little, Brown (1881)
- Benjamin Peirce: “Father of Pure Mathematics” in America, (I. Bernard Cohen, ed.), New York: Arno Press. [Photoreprints, including that of Am J. Math 1881] (1980)
- Archibald, R.C. 1925. [ed.], Benjamin Peirce, American mathematical monthly, 32: 1–30; repr. Oberlin, Ohio.: Mathematical Association of America.
- Archibald, R.C. 1927. Benjamin Peirce's linear associative algebra and C.S. Peirce, American mathematical monthly, 34: 525–527.
- Kent, D. 2005. Benjamin Peirce and the promotion of research-level mathematics in America: 1830–1880. Doctoral Dissertation, University of Virginia.
- Grattan-Guinness, I. 1997. Benjamin Peirce's Linear associative algebra (1870): new light on its preparation and “publication”, Annals of science, 54: 597–606.
- Hogan, E. 1991. “A proper spirit is abroad”: Peirce, Sylvester, Ward, and American mathematics, Historia mathematica, 18: 158–172.
- Hogan, E. 2008. Of the human heart. A biography of Benjamin Peirce, Bethlehem: Lehigh University press.
- King, M. 1881. (Ed.), Benjamin Peirce. A memorial collection, Cambridge, Mass.: Rand, Avery. [Obituaries.]
- Novy, L. 1974, Benjamin Peirce's concept of linear algebra, Acta historiae rerum naturalium nec non technicarum (Special Issue), 7: 211–230.
- Peterson, S. R. 1955. Benjamin Peirce: mathematician and philosopher, Journal of the history of ideas, 16: 89–112.
- Pycior, H. 1979. Benjamin Peirce's linear associative algebra, Isis, 70: 537–551.
- Schlote, K.-H. 1983. Zur Geschichte der Algebrentheorie in Peirces “Linear Associative Algebra”, Schriftenreihe der Geschichte der Naturwissenschaften, Technik und Medizin, 20/1: 1–20.
- Shaw, J. B. 1907. Synopsis of linear associative algebra. A report on its natural development and results reached to the present time, Washington.
- Walsh, A. 2000. Relationships between logic and mathematics in the works of Benjamin and Charles S. Peirce, Ph. D. thesis, Middlesex University.