This page has been archived. It is no longer in use!
- join us
- start an article
- key policies
- project pages
- about us
Help:Contents - redirect, fold in with project homeDone. Warren Schudy 21:12, 21 February 2008 (CST)
- CZ:Home - add all essential links to all groupings and reorganize as necessary/helpful; include the old Help:Contents links, and place help-related material up top.
- I've done with this what I want to do for now. Warren, or anyone, I would be delighted if you would clean up the page, reorganize it, represent it, etc. Just make sure those links are kept. I'm inclined to think we need to consolidate some community page categories, or maybe rethink them altogether.
- CZ:Community Overview - needs to be expanded with info about governance bodies and initiatives, etc.--basically, this is about the roles played by individuals and by groups. Should also mention CZ:Group Status and CZ:Proposals.
- CZ:Topic Choice - fold this in with Naming Conventions.
- CZ:The Author Role - change from annoying Q&A form, update links
- CZ:Introduction to CZ for Wikipedians - change "Citizendium" to "the Citizendium"
- CZ:Become a partner - tablefy, explain who/how to contact, and next steps
- CZ:Donate - generally update, this is an old page; and simplify
- CZ:Email us an article in word processor format - change "Citizendium" to "the Citizendium"
- CZ:Approval Standards - revise links
- CZ:How to edit an article - fix "New section" example bug
- CZ:Dozen Essentials - general proof, it was recently completely revised
- CZ:Neutrality Policy - review Gareth's abbreviated version; if OK, edit and upload to main page
- CZ:Approval and Feedback - start the page (and the group) seriously, already!
- CZ:Mailing lists - general revision to capture current understanding; also, simplify
- CZ:Constabulary - needs total redesign, but I doubt I'll have time to do this...still hoping for a constable to do it
- CZ:Dispute Resolution - needs to be updated with current understanding and plans
- CZ:About - remove Q&A format and generally edit
- CZ:FAQ - write it. Ugh. No one is doing this, looks like I'll have to...
- CZ:Contact - add some addresses
- CZ:Personnel - simplify, neaten (e.g., add Exec Comm members to Exec Comm page)
First, I'm going to make a big long list...then, I'll cut it down...maybe. :-) Before we originally pared down the long list of links, I don't know how many months ago, there were a lot more links on the side bar, and people thought that it looked messy. Well, I think many people are now coming around to the way I felt: a little messiness is the price you pay for maximum usefulness.
Well, I uploaded the long list. What do you all think? --Larry Sanger 09:46, 21 February 2008 (CST)
- It looks fine. But why no 'Random article'? Ro Thorpe 12:20, 21 February 2008 (CST)
- I love the random button and so will visitors. Please put it back David E. Volk 14:10, 21 February 2008 (CST)
It would be nice if there were links to all 10 of the CZ:Home index pages somewhere in the sidebar. Many are included already, but some, such as content policy and tech help, are not. Warren Schudy 10:57, 22 February 2008 (CST)
Naming of CZ:Home
I moved "project home & help" to the first section and renamed it "help & project home". Warren Schudy 21:12, 21 February 2008 (CST)
- Well, the list above isn't the live list. --Larry Sanger 23:49, 21 February 2008 (CST)
- Actually, how about "Help & Policies"? Calling the page "project home" seems a bit weird to me. Warren Schudy 21:16, 21 February 2008 (CST)
Why is it weird? Makes sense to me. It isn't just help & policies -- it's the whole enchilada. Do you have another suggestion? --Larry Sanger 23:47, 21 February 2008 (CST)
How about "How to navigate" or "All necessary information" or "Where to go if stuck"? Supten Sarbadhikari 04:01, 22 February 2008 (CST)
Hmm. None of those sounds better than "Project Home & Help". Would changing the punctuation help? "Project Home / Help"? --Larry Sanger 08:47, 22 February 2008 (CST)
- 'Project Home' is ambiguous, suggesting also a project called 'Home'. So how about one or both of 'Help' and 'Home page'? 'Homepage & help'? Ro Thorpe 12:37, 22 February 2008 (CST)
The tricky part is concisely conveying the idea that CZ:Home is the table of contents for everything except actual encyclopedia content, also known as the meta-information. Actually CZ:Home does contain article lists too, so maybe a better way to think about it is that CZ:Home is the home page that you visit if you want to do something other than reading the encyclopedia. I'm thinking along the lines of "home of meta [information]", but I don't really like that. Warren Schudy 13:39, 22 February 2008 (CST)