American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is a "national voluntary health agency."
The missions statement of the AHA is:
- "Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke."
Their current goals are:
- "Reduce the death rate from coronary heart disease and stroke by 25 percent."
- "Reduce the prevalence of smoking, high blood cholesterol and physical inactivity by 25 percent."
- "Reduce the rate of uncontrolled high blood pressure by 25 percent."
- "Eliminate the growth of obesity and diabetes."