- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- Standard acupuncture nomenclature by WHO (World Health Organization)
- World Health Organization list of acupuncture indications.
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance (AOMAlliance) - USA organization representing L.Ac.'s and other AOM practitioners, e.g. MD's and DC's
- American Association of Oriental Medicine (AAOM) - U.S. organization representing L.Ac.'s exclusively
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (CCAOM) - U.S. organization representing acupuncture schools; also administers Clean Needle Technique (CNT) course required for American board certification
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Association - USA organization advocating use of auricular (ear) acupuncture for treating addiction
- The British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) - UK organization representing acupuncturists
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture 
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) - USA organization that administers board certification exams in acupuncture and Oriental medicine
- Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM) - National accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to accredit Master's-level programs in the acupuncture and Oriental medicine profession in the USA
- Federation of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Regulatory Agencies (FAOMRA) - State regulatory agency forum in the USA