1st Infantry Division (U.S.)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to 1st Infantry Division (U.S.), or pages that link to 1st Infantry Division (U.S.) or to this page or whose text .
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- Terry Allen : Add brief definition or description
- Theodore Roosevelt Jr. : Add brief definition or description
- John Batiste : Retired U.S. Army major general who commanded the 1st Infantry Division (U.S.) in Iraq in 2004 and 2005, refused promotion, and later was fired as a news commentator for strongly criticizing the George W. Bush Administration and Donald Rumsfeld
- Battle of Sicily : In the Mediterranean Theater and Italian Campaign of the Second World War, an Allied invasion of Sicily night of 9 July, 1943, ending 17 August in an Allied victory with the Axis troops either surrendering or withdrawing to the mainland
- Battle of Normandy : Often oversimplified as "D-Day", the three-month campaign starting with the June 6, 1944 landings on the beaches of occupied France, lasted for three months, until the liberation of the last Norman commune on 25 August 1944