War Department, U.S./Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to War Department, U.S., or pages that link to War Department, U.S. or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/War Department, U.S.. Needs checking by a human.
- Department of the Navy (United States) : A civilian component of the U.S. Department of Defense, responsible for management of Naval and Marine policy and procurement
- Secretary of War : The cabinet officer who directed the War Department, U.S.; the position was abolished with the consolidation of the military by the National Security Act of 1947, although the Secretary of the Army is the inheritor of some of the functions of the office
- Secretary of the Navy (U.S.) : U.S. civilian official, of Assistant Secretary of Defense rank, who heads the U.S. Department of the Navy and to whom the Chief of Naval Operations and the Commandant of the Marine Corps report
- U.S. Department of Defense : The military forces of the United States and their supporting civil servants.
- U.S. Navy : The branch of the United States Armed Forces charged with sea operations