June 2016 election voting and voter registration period is open: please register to vote!
Click to view candidates and referenda.
User talk:Roger A. Lohmann
User bio is in User:Roger_A._Lohmann
- 1 TSCF article updated
- 2 New politics author
- 3 History editor input needed
- 4 Editorial guidance for WikiLeaks
- 5 Editorial guidance for Politics
- 6 Please review Los Alamos National Laboratory for consideration as an Approved article
- 7 Please review Politics for consideration as an approved article
- 8 Re re-approval of Cypherpunk Feb-Mar 2012
- 9 Europe is now certified for approval
- 10 Nominations for Management and Editorial Councils
- 11 Pompeii article nomination
- 12 Links
- 13 You've been nominated as a candidate in the June 2016 election
TSCF article updated
Dear Roger, I just made small updates to the article on The Social Capital Foundation, corrected links. Could you please approve the new version. Thanks. Koen Demol 19:27, 25 February 2011 (UTC)
Hi Roger, I am looking forward to having your return. Koen Demol 16:53, 21 March 2011 (UTC)
Roger, I am looking forward to having your return. Koen Demol 10:55, 2 May 2011 (CDT)
History editor input needed
There is a complex controversy over appropriate terminology and neutrality policy starting in the article on Josef Mengele and spilling over to War crime and perhaps other places I am not aware of. Input from history editors might be helpful. Sandy Harris 03:21, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
- There seems to be a lack of current information here.
- Just to clarify, so there’s no misunderstanding or hard feeling, this issue is above editor input level.
- This matter has gone to the ME and the Ombudsman, and is currently before the EC as Case http://locke.citizendium.org/cz_ec/DR-2010-001.
- I believe that due to the time zone difference, the EC Secretary will have retired already, which is the reason I’m commenting.
- I am sure the EC will contact Dr Lohmann officially should his input be needed.
- Aleta Curry 05:11, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
- I am not sure, but the accused in this matter may well contact experts, and no Charter or EC rule prevents discussion. Howard C. Berkowitz 05:29, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
Editorial guidance for WikiLeaks
would you be available to guide content development at the WikiLeaks article? Just as in the section above, this case involves Howard and Martin, who are both Editors on the article, but far from an agreement on how its content should be structured, weighed, phrased and sourced. As a Politics Editors, I think you would be well positioned to handle that matter. Thank you! --Daniel Mietchen 15:30, 6 December 2010 (UTC)
A comment here was deleted by The Constabulary on grounds of making complaints about fellow Citizens. If you have a complaint about the behavior of another Citizen, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. It is contrary to Citizendium policy to air your complaints on the wiki. See also CZ:Professionalism.
- Note: I didn't write the comment but I did see its contents and I concur completely with its deletion from my page! Roger A. Lohmann 13:20, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
Editorial guidance for Politics
I am no longer seeking approval for this article because I accept Martin Baldwin-Edwards' points about matters that should be added (see Talk:Politics#Towards approval). But I should be glad of a ruling on the point made by Sandy Harris - and for any advice that you can offer.Nick Gardner 09:45, 7 May 2011 (CDT)
Please review Los Alamos National Laboratory for consideration as an Approved article
Please review Politics for consideration as an approved article
I have done what I can to prepare Politics for approval and I have created a new article on the History of political thought to meet the need for an historical context. Is there anything further that should be done? Nick Gardner 09:42, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
Re re-approval of Cypherpunk Feb-Mar 2012
Roger: I am planning to nominate Cypherpunk/Draft for re-approval. Will you take a look at it and let me know if I can include your name as supporting the nomination.
I will allow two weeks for comments before we need to certify for approval. Thanks. --Anthony.Sebastian 03:08, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
Europe is now certified for approval
Roger, thank you very much for your input on Europe. Great work, and enabling.
I hope you will consider sharing your fountain of knowledge further on CZ; no one will mind getting splashed if that fountain showers CZ with new or upgraded articles.
You can even continue working on Europe if you want; I will try to expedite re-approval when you' like.
An article, History of Europe?
Anthony.Sebastian 22:32, 7 August 2012 (UTC)
Nominations for Management and Editorial Councils
You have been nominated for seats on both the Management and Editorial Councils in the July-August Special Election. The nominator was myself. To accept or decline these nominations, please visit the Nominations page here (for the Management Council seat) and here (for the Editorial Council Editor seat) by midnight UTC on July 27th. You may write an election statement for each if you wish (linked from the Nominations page).
The Management Council seat runs until June 30th, 2014 or June 30th, 2015 (the successful candidate with the fewest votes receiving the shorter term) and the Editorial Council seat expires on December 31st, 2014. In the event that Referendum 1 is passed, all seats will expire on June 30th, 2014. Thanks! John Stephenson 17:02, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
Pompeii article nomination
Hi - this article was approved some time ago by you and Russell, but for some reason it never went through. Russell has now approved a new version which mainly fixes typos. Can you consider supporting it within the next week by adding your name to the metadata? Thanks. John Stephenson (talk) 11:29, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
I have noticed that Talk items signed by you as Roger Lohmann (I presume it's the same person without the A), are showing up in red, as though you were not there. I am glad you are there. --Martin Wyatt (talk) 20:36, 15 January 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for asking. Yes, they are both me. The history on that is long and convoluted and well buried in the past. There are actually a number of Roger Lohmanns in the U.S., including one other who is not me in the social sciences but when I first joined CZ, Larry was dead set against initials. It was only later that I got to claim the A! Roger A. Lohmann (talk) 03:11, 16 January 2016 (UTC)
You've been nominated as a candidate in the June 2016 election
You've been nominated as a candidate for the post of Managing Editor in the June 2016 election. Please visit this page to accept or decline. No action will also be treated as declining. If you accept, you may choose to write an election statement - see the election page for further details. Alternatively, contact me via my Talk page or privately via e-mail. Regards, John Stephenson (talk) 12:47, 27 May 2016 (UTC)