User talk:Kiryl Rusetski
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Ruth Ifcher 21:36, 2 October 2008 (CDT)
Some ideas for contributions
Прывiтанне, Кирыл! Welcome aboard CZ. Ruth has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical hints on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Music: The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Guitar: A stringed musical instrument consisting of three main types; the electric guitar, the classical guitar, and the acoustic guitar.
- Musical syntax: A set of culture-specific rules underlying the composition and interpretation of music and often dance, too.
- Musical semantics: The study of how music conveys meaning.
- Origin of music: The evolutionary background of the human capacity for music.
- Music perception: The study of the neural mechanisms involved in people perceiving rhythms, melodies, harmonies and other musical features.
- Music production: Principles of generating sounds and music.
- Rhythm (music): The arrangement of musical sounds in time.
- Entrainment (biomusicology): The synchronization of different individual organisms to an external rhythm, usually in the framework of social interactions.
- Melody: A linear succession of musical tones which is perceived as a single entity.
- Harmony: Simultaneous pitches (tones, notes), or chords used in making music.
- Minsk: The capital of Belarus.
- Belarus: A landlocked country in Eastern Europe.
- Ontario: A province in eastern Canada, the second largest in area and with approximately 12,000,000 people (2006 census) the most populous.
We do not have iconic indications of the need for illustrations but most of these articles would currently fit this category.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, Daniel Mietchen 10:43, 3 October 2008 (CDT)