User talk:Janos Abel
[User bio is in User:Your Name]
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, our help system and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) or via Twitter. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forum is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any administrator for help, too. Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun!
You can find some more information about our collaboration groups if you follow this link CZ:Workgroups.You can always ask me on my talk page or others about how to proceed or any other question you might have.
Have fun and Happy editing!
Hi. We appreciate very much your contributions to the Citizendium. I was hoping you could help clear up a matter about the images you recently uploaded. They are lacking clear copyright and source data and need to have it as soon as practicable to avoid deletion. To fix the problem, please review the images you uploaded (click on "my contributions" at the upper-right to re-trace your steps or see the links I added) in light of Images Help—Copyrights. If you need additional help, just ask a constable or leave a message on my talk page and I'll be more than glad to assist. — Stephen Ewen 14:24, 19 April 2007 (CDT)
- Image of (Creation and distribution of interestfree loans). By Janos Abel 15:02, 19 April 2007 (CDT),
released under (or "to" in the case of public domain release) the
- See my reply on my talk. —–Stephen Ewen 20:48, 19 April 2007 (CDT)
- Problem solved. Thanks! Stephen Ewen 11:51, 20 April 2007 (CDT)
- Stephen, hope this is OK now Image:TrisaktiStudents.jpg
- No, not really. Who is Rodney Shakespeare? Where is documentation he sent the email to you? Or how did you get it? Where is the email he sent asking for usage of the image? And use of the image for what purpose,since the text does not say? Is there a source online from which the image came that you can link to? The permission, once adequate, would go at Image:TrisaktiStudents.jpg/Permission. See Help:Images#Copyrights and the sections below it. Let me please encourage you to read that carefully before uploading any more images. Let me know if you need help beyond Help:Images#Copyrights and I will be glad to do so. Stephen Ewen 22:16, 30 April 2007 (CDT)
- Also, with Image:ManyFaiths.jpg, you need to include a link to the source. And, the permission needs to go at Image:ManyFaiths.jpg/Permission and include your email to John Chell mentioning Citizendium. Stephen Ewen 22:23, 30 April 2007 (CDT)
Sorry for the delay and thank you for the clarification of what we need to do. Rodney Shakespeare is the author of the article (now withdrawn). I was helping him to upload it to the Citizendium wiki (one eyed leading the blind, so to speak :-). Janos Abel 17:44, 4 May 2007 (CDT)
- Let me know how I can help. Perhaps the easiest way to "see how it is done" is just look at the examples at Help:Images#Documenting_free_content_releases_and_images_by_permission. Stephen Ewen 01:46, 5 May 2007 (CDT)
- Thank you. There will be no image problems for me for the time being as any contributions I may make will be mainly in terms of ideas. -- Janos Abel 17:56, 14 June 2007 (CDT)
At my high school guestbook you wrote:
- I posted a reply in defense of Chomsky at Citizendium.
- PS. What does the "<><" sign mean?
<>< is a fish. It's the ancient symbol used by Christians to proclaim their faith.
<>< Tim Chambers 01:36, 26 June 2007 (CDT)