User talk:Christopher Lee Jones
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! D. Matt Innis 00:00, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Hi Christopher, welcome aboard CZ. Matt has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical hints on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Engineering: The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Robotics: The science of designing, building, and using robots for a set of tasks.
- High school: Add brief definition or description
- Bachelor: Add brief definition or description
- Degree: Add brief definition or description
- Illinois: A state in the midwest of the United States, which became the 21st state in 1818 and now is a major economic and political center, holding the third largest city, Chicago
- Technology: Study and practice of applying knowledge creatively to tasks that involve both people and machines; also, the tools, equipment or other products that result from technological knowledge.
- Chicago: Largest city in Illinois and the Midwest United States with a population of 2.8m.
- Neural engineering: Add brief definition or description
- Central nervous system: The main information-processing organs of the nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord, and meninges.
- Brain: The core unit of a central nervous system.
- PhD: A common abbreviation for Doctor of Philosophy.
- Medicine: The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Therapy: Add brief definition or description
- Stroke: A sudden loss of brain function due to interrupted blood supply.
- Biomedical engineering: The application of engineering principles to the study and manipulation of biological systems and to the support of health care.
Finally, in case you are involved in homework assignments (on either side), please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, Daniel Mietchen 12:07, 23 October 2008 (UTC)