Only the proposer of the referendum and Election Committee members may modify this page. Substantive modifications by the proposer after the referendum has been formally proposed at 'June 2016 Referenda' will invalidate the signatures of any current supporters, and require them to sign again. Comments should be placed on the Talk page.
This page contains a proposed referendum question, elaboration on the proposal, and the proposed new text.
Prioritising technical maintenance and upgrades, June 2016
A proposed referendum on existing procedure follows. If it is voted on, Citizens could support or oppose the question by indicating 'Yes' or 'No'. Under Article 37, only a simple majority is required for this referendum to pass because it does not propose to modify the Charter.
To support the establishment of a referendum on this issue, sign here.
This non-Charter-modifying referendum requests that the incoming (July 1st-) Council set as a priority the upgrade and maintenance of Citizendium's technical set-up. In particular, the Council should look into and report back on:
- the reactivation of the @citizendium.org e-mail inboxes;
- back-ups of the content of the site;
- the restoration of the Editorial Council wiki (or at least the copying-over of policy pages);
- technical upgrades to the MediaWiki software as necessary;
- the establishment of a mobile skin, so that the site can be read and edited on tablets and smartphones more easily;
- an accessible archive of the old forum.
- The last point is particularly important, since this is how huge numbers of people access the internet and since Google now downgrades sites which do not have a mobile version if searched for on such devices.
- The EC wiki included details of content rules which appear nowhere else.