USS Montague (AKA-98)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to USS Montague (AKA-98), or pages that link to USS Montague (AKA-98) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/USS Montague (AKA-98). Needs checking by a human.
- Chesapeake Bay : One of the major estuaries of the eastern seaboard of the United States.
- Guam : Civilian-governed U.S. territory in the geographic Mariana Islands of Micronesia but not part of the political Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands; major U.S. military base, including a prepositioning ship squadron and Anderson Air Force Base for bomber aircraft and air refueling tankers, growing with the transfer of forces from Okinawa.
- Indochina : Minimally, the French colony that contained the regions of Tonkin, Annam, and Cochinchina, which, with the Central Highlands, became modern Vietnam
- Knot (speed) : A measure of the speed of ships and aircraft equal to one nautical mile per hour.
- Korea : Historical country and peninsula of northeastern Asia, comprising the states of North Korea and South Korea.
- Naval Vessel Register : The official inventory of U.S. Naval ships and service craft.
- Ship ceremonies : Historical occasions in the life of a ship, usually beginning with keel-laying, and proceeding to launching, and, for naval vessels and vessels in a merchant service, ship commissioning; warships tend to have additional ceremonies such as change of command and decommissioning
- United Nations : An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.