From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Tu-22M. Needs checking by a human.
- Air refueling : Transferring fuel from one aircraft to another while both are in flight.
- B-1 Lancer (bomber) : A supersonic-capable heavy bomber operated by the U.S. Air Force with intercontinental range through air refueling, not used for nuclear weapons
- Bomber aircraft : Airplanes optimized to deliver weapons to surface targets, rather than to fight other airplanes.
- F-18 Super Hornet : A new generation of carrier-based fighter beyond the F-18 Hornet, this evolution provides an architecture with even greater expansion, especially with the AN/APG-79 AESA radar, more powerful computers and communications, and a new engine with longer range.
- Raduga KSR-5 : A large, high-altitude, supersonic Russian air-to-surface missile, with a conventional or nuclear warhead, typically used against land or sea radar, or against ships
- Tu-160 (bomber) : A Russian heavy bomber capable of supersonic flight, and considered a nuclear weapons delivery platform in arms control agreements
- Voyenno-vozdushnye sily Rossii : The Russian Air Force, now a single organization as opposed to the multiple flying and missile services of the Soviet era