Talk:Pakistani Security Forces
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Out of date
This article is very out of date. If it cannot be updated, I think it ought to be deleted or put into cold storage. --Martin Wyatt 20:39, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
- User:Howard Berkowitz wrote this article. At that time he was the sole editor for Military History. He is/was a good writer, good researcher. Using hindsight I think many people think it was a mistake to make him an editor for an unprecedented five fields. Some people, including myself, question whether he was tempermentally suited for a role that required tact, graciousness, patience. Other people think that being a brilliant polymath was not a sufficient substitute for formal credentials.
- Nevertheless, I don't see anything terribly out of date here, or anything that seemed problematic from a bias point of view.
- May I ask, if you think there are problematic passages, paragraphs, sections, whether we couldn't just trim those paragraphs? Maybe making sure the article is uptodate could be accomplished simply by trimming those paragraphs with time-based assertions?
- Anyhow, do you have time to indicate what portions you thing are out of date? George Swan 18:36, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for this. I only came across the Pakistan articles, some of which I have corrected from BBC sources, because I was looking up Islamabad. I don't know enough to make corrections, only (as a casual reader of inadequate news sources) to draw attention to what I think dubious. Specifically: In the introduction, mention is made of "keeping the archenemy India at bay" - currently there seems to be some sort of rapprochement with India, except that the Kashmir problem, which is worthier of mention, remains unresolved. The section on Counterinsurgency seems to me to take no account of the present situation. Under Police, the whole section seems doubtful. The section on U S Presence I think needs updating in its entirety. There are probably other bits. --Martin Wyatt 20:42, 16 August 2013 (UTC)