Standard argument against free will/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Standard argument against free will, or pages that link to Standard argument against free will or to this page or whose text .
- Subjective-objective dichotomy : The philosophical separation of the world into objects (entities) which are perceived or otherwise presumed to exist as entities, by subjects (observers).
- Free will : The intuition, or philosophical doctrine, that one can control one's actions or freely choose among alternatives.
- Determinism : A philosophical position that our acts are the consequences of the laws of nature and therefore the consequences of our acts are not our responsibility.
- Dilemma of determinism : A moral quandary posed by a belief that events are determined by outside agency, placing human decisions outside moral responsibility