From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Military : The standing armed forces of a country, that are directed by the national government and are tasked with that nation's defense.
- Military honor : Add brief definition or description
- Army : Either the largest type of formation for a land-based military force, or the entirety of a nation's military force responsible for its land defenses.
- Naval infantry : Personnel assigned to naval ships, who are qualified to engage in combat using individual weapons, against enemy personnel on land or on ships that were boarded
- British Army : That part of the United Kingdom's armed forces with principal responsibility for land warfare
- Royal Marines : Naval infantry of the United Kingdom; a brigade-sized force of long experience in amphibious warfare
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- United States Marine Corps : A branch of the United States Armed Forces, with primary responsibilities as naval infantry and in amphibious warfare, are organized in Marine Air-Ground Task Forces capable of serving as up to corps headquarters with integrated close air support
- Chivalry : Originally, the medieval European system of principles and customs of knighthood. More general usage encompasses honorable military conduct
- Bushido : Add brief definition or description
- Just war theory : The branch of ethics concerned with the basis for starting, conducting, and terminating wars