Sea of Japan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Sea of Japan, or pages that link to Sea of Japan or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Sea of Japan. Needs checking by a human.
- Dokdo : A group of volcanic islets in the Sea of Japan, occupied by South Korea and claimed by Japan. The ecology consists of a moderate maritime climate with a diverse marine life, a large presence of birds, and some vegetation.
- Japan : East Asian country of about 3,000 islands; one of the world's largest economies; population about 125,000,000.
- Kyushu : (九州 Kyuushuu) third-largest and westernmost of the main islands of Japan, divided into seven regions and including the cities of Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Kumamoto and Kagoshima; population about 13,000,000.
- RIM-161 Standard SM-3 : Theater anti-ballistic (i.e., midcourse and terminal phases) and anti-satellite missile, using hit-to-kill, launched from ships equipped with the AN/SPY-2 radar and AEGIS battle management system.
- South Korea : A democratic republic in East Asia, occupying the southern half of the Korean peninsula; established in 1948 after Korea's liberation from Japanese colonial rule.
- USS Leo (AKA-60) : U.S. Navy WWII and Korean War Andromeda-class attack cargo ship
- United States Seventh Fleet : The forward-deployed forces of the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps that operate in the western Pacific Ocean; a major operating command under United States Pacific Command