From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Scientist: A person employing the scientific method to gather information about a system of interest; often used in the narrow sense of people engaged with natural sciences.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Person : An individual human being.
- Profession : Add brief definition or description
- Science : The organized body of knowledge based on non–trivial refutable concepts that can be verified or rejected on the base of observation and experimentation
- Biologist : Add brief definition or description
- Chemist : A practitioner in the field of chemistry
- Geologist : Add brief definition or description
- Physicist : A scientist specializing in the field of physics, the study of natural phenomena.
- Scientific method : The concept of systematic inquiry based on hypotheses and their testing in light of empirical evidence.
- Scientific journal : A publication venue for original research and scholarly review articles — for more than three centuries on paper and now increasingly online.
- Scientific research : The practice of using the scientific method to investigate causal relationships in detail.
- Research institution : Add brief definition or description