Scientific realism/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Scientific realism: Philosophical position that posits that the entities proposed by science are real (as opposed to a epistemic abstraction).
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Metaphysics : Branch of philosophy concerned with explaining the nature of the world.
- Ontology : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Ontology (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Philosophy of science : Philosophical study of the assumptions, foundations, and implications of science.
- Ian Hacking : Add brief definition or description
- Natural kinds : Add brief definition or description
- Strucutral realism : Add brief definition or description
- Bas van Fraassen : (1941–) Dutch philosopher of science and logic; Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at San Francisco State University; winner of the 1986 Lakatos Award.