Scarborough, North Yorkshire/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Scarborough, North Yorkshire, or pages that link to Scarborough, North Yorkshire or to this page or whose text .
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- England : The largest and southernmost country in the United Kingdom, and location of the largest city and seat of government, London; population about 51,000,000.
- Yorkshire : Region of northern England and the United Kingdom.
- North Yorkshire : A ceremonial county in the north of Yorkshire.
- Scarborough Castle : Ruined stone castle on the east coast of Yorkshire, England, begun in mid-twelfth century.
- Bombardment of Scarborough, Whitby and Hartlepool : First World War attack by the German Navy on English seaports on the morning of 16th December 1914.
- Grand Hotel (Scarborough) : Hotel in Scarborough, England; when completed in 1867, one of the largest hotels in the world.
- York : City in North Yorkshire, England, at the meeting point of the rivers Ouse and Foss.