From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Scandinavia, or pages that link to Scandinavia or to this page or whose text .
- Europe : Sixth largest continent; area 10,000,000 km2; pop. 720,000,000
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- Denmark : Constitutional monarchy and multiparty democracy (population c. 5.5 million; capital Copenhagen); the most southerly Scandinavian nation, comprising the Jutland Peninsula, the islands of Sjaelland, Fyn, Lolland and Falster, and more than 400 smaller islands.
- Finland : Scandinavian republic (population c. 5.2 million; capital Helsinki) bordered by Norway and Sweden to the north and west and the Russian Federation to the east; a low-lying country of forests and almost 188,000 lakes.
- Norway : A constitutional monarchy in northern Europe on the western side of the Scandinavian Peninsula.
- Sweden : Constitutional monarchy (population c. 9 million; capital Stockholm) situated on the Scandinavian Peninsula, between Norway and Finland; has a long eastern coastline on the Baltic Sea and the Gulf of Bothnia.