Scaife Foundations/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Scaife Foundations, or pages that link to Scaife Foundations or to this page or whose text .
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Philanthropic organizations : Add brief definition or description
- Richard Mellon Scaife : Publisher and Owner, Tribune-Review Publishing Co., Inc., Greensburg, Pennsylvania; Chairman, Scaife Foundations; Vice Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Heritage Foundation; board, Hoover Institution and Pepperdine University
- American Enterprise Institute : A major U.S. political, economic and international relations "think tank", which has always been associated with a free enterprise view, and has, in recent decades, become more associated with neoconservatism and an interventionist foreign policy; many of its fellows went into policy positions in Republican administrations, and returned at the end of their tenure
- American Spectator : An magazine offering a "meaningful experience to young conservatives", whose webpage features "liberal-baiting"; founder and editor-in-chief R. Emmett Tyrrell
- Cato Institute : Libertarian think tank
- Center for Strategic and International Studies : A bipartisan U.S. think tank that does research and policy recommendations in international affairs, headquartered in Washington, D.C.
- Free Congress Foundation : A self-described politically and culturally conservative think tank and funding organization
- Heritage Foundation : A Washington DC based conservative political think tank; Affiliate, Alliance Defense Fund
- Hoover Institution : A long-established think tank at Stanford University, of generally American conservative ideology and respected academic quality; founded by President Herbert Hoover
- Manhattan Institute : American conservative think tank focused on increasing economic choice and individual responsibility