Ross Douthat/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Ross Douthat, or pages that link to Ross Douthat or to this page or whose text .
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Restructuring of the U.S. political right : A broad category of efforts to regain U.S. political dominance by various combinations of social, fiscal, and national security ideologies, generally seen as of the Right and possibly U.S. Republican Party, as opposed to the center-left position of the Barack Obama administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress
- The Atlantic : A diverse U.S. publication, originally focused on literature and culture but now also with substantial political commentary
- National Review : Conservative American periodical and website, started in 1955 by William F. Buckley Jr.
- Mickey Edwards : Director, Constitution Project and faculty at George Washington University; wrote Reclaiming Conservatism and focuses on restructuring of the U.S. political right; previously faculty at Harvard University Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University; U.S. House of Representatives (R-Oklahoma), 1977-1993; Chairman of the House Republican Policy Committee, 1989-1993; Former National Chairman, American Conservative Union; Founder, Heritage Foundation
- Newt Gingrich : Former Republican Speaker of the House; cofounder of the Conservative Opportunity Society and led the Contract with America platform statement; historian; board of advisers, American Foreign Policy Council; Guiding Coalition, Project for National Security Reform
- Bill Clinton : US Democratic politician (1946– ); Governor of Arkansas 1983–1992; President of the United States 1993–2001, husband of U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- Richard Nixon : American politician (1913–1994); President of the United States 1969–1974. Known for ending the Vietnam War and for the Watergate scandal.
- George W. Bush : (1946–) 43rd U.S. President (Republican), elected in 2000 and re-elected in 2004.