Robert A. Taft/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Robert A. Taft, or pages that link to Robert A. Taft or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Robert A. Taft. Needs checking by a human.
- American conservatism: A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Congress of Industrial Organizations: The Congress of Industrial Organizations was a federation of labor unions that organized workers in industrial unions into the United States and Canada from 1935 to 1955, when it merged with the AFL to form the AFL-CIO.
- Conservative Coalition : A congressional coalition of Republicans and southern Democrats who joined forces in opposition to New Deal liberalism
- Democrat Party (phrase) : A phrase used by Republicans in the United States to refer to the opposition Democratic Party, and assumed by many Democrats to be an insulting, disparaging or derogatory term.
- Fair Deal : The liberal domestic policies recommended to Congress by U.S. President Harry Truman in his second term, 1949-52. Few proposals passed.
- Fifth Party System : In U.S. political history, the period from 1932 to the present, also called New Deal Era during the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Franklin D. Roosevelt : (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945), often called FDR, the President of the United States 1933 to 1945.
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.
- Ku Klux Klan : Add brief definition or description
- Leslie C. Arends : A U.S. Congressional Representative from Illinois (1935 to 1975). Born 1895-died 1985).
- Lyndon B. Johnson : American politician (1908-1973); president 1963–1969; known for his civil rights bills and "The Great Society".
- U.S. Republican Party : One of two major contemporary political parties in the United States; center-right; the elephant is its symbol.
- Wendell Willkie : Add brief definition or description
- William Howard Taft : (1857 – 1930) The 27th President and 10th Chief Justice of the United States.