Rickettsia rickettsii/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Rickettsia rickettsii, or pages that link to Rickettsia rickettsii or to this page or whose text .
- Rickettsiae : A tribe of gram-negative bacteria of the family rickettsiaceae, whose organisms are found in arthropods and are pathogenic for man and certain other vertebrate hosts 
- Zoonoses : Diseases which are biologically adapted to and normally found in lower animals but which under some conditions also infect humans.
- Chloramphenicol : One of the first broad-spectrum antibiotics discovered; exceptionally wide spectrum but carries risk of fatal aplastic anemia
- Doxycycline : Tetracycline derivative; treats malaria, anthrax, brucellosis, cholera, ornithosis, plague etc.
This definition is at least in part based on: Anonymous (2019), Rickettsia rickettsii (English). Medical Subject Headings. U.S. National Library of Medicine.