Relay (networking)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Relay (networking), or pages that link to Relay (networking) or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Computers : Add brief definition or description
- Network architecture : The separation of telecommunications/ computer/ converged networks into generally understood building blocks, and the definition of technology-independent functions to be carried out by a specific real network
- Locality of networks : The assumption, in networking technologies, about the characteristics of the user space they support, and, as importantly, the user spaces they should ignore
Types of relay
- Repeater (radio) : Add brief definition or description
- Repeater (local area network) : Add brief definition or description
- Bridge (computer network) : A relay that makes forwarding plane decisions based on MAC addresses or other link-local address information
- Router : A relay that forwards individual packets based on information in their header; typically an Internet Protocol header
- Transport gateway : Add brief definition or description
- Midbox : Add brief definition or description
- Application relay : Add brief definition or description
- Electronic switch : Electronic switches are devices that can stop or start an electric current as a result of the absence (or presence) of a control signal.