Prime number/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Prime number, or pages that link to Prime number or to this page or whose text .
- Integer : The positive natural numbers (1, 2, 3, …), their negatives (−1, −2, −3, ...) and the number zero.
- Fermat prime : Add brief definition or description
- Mersenne prime : Add brief definition or description
- Sophie Germain prime : Any prime number p such that 2p + 1 is also prime.
- Pseudoprime : Probable prime (an integer which shares a property common to all prime numbers) which is not actually prime.
- Prime Number Theorem : The number of primes up to some limit X is asymptotic to X divided by the logarithm of X.
- Unique factorization : Every positive integer can be expressed as a product of prime numbers in essentially only one way.