Power law/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Power law, or pages that link to Power law or to this page or whose text .
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Elementary function : Mathematical functions built from a finite number of exponentials, logarithms, constants, one variable, and roots of equations through composition and combinations using the four elementary arithmetic operations (+ – × ÷).
- Allometry : The study of scaling effects in biology.
- : A fundamental and relatively basic form of algebra taught to students who are presumed to have little or no formal knowledge of mathematics beyond arithmetic.
- Exponent : A mathematical notation used to represent the operation of exponentiation. It is usually written as a superscript on a number or variable, called the base. For example, in the expression, the base is 5 and the exponent is 4.
- Logarithm : Inverse of exponentiation, as subtraction is the inverse of addition and division is the inverse of multiplication.
- Real number : A limit of the Cauchy sequence of rational numbers.