From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Addison, Albert Christopher. The Romantic Story of the Mayflower Pilgrims. (1911) online
- Archer, Gleason L. With Axe and Musket at Plymouth. 1936.
- Deetz, James, and Patricia Scott Deetz. The Times of Their Lives: Life, Love, and Death in Plymouth Colony. 2000 excerpt and text search
- Demos, John. A Little Commonwealth: Family Life in Plymouth Colony, 1970 online edition
- Demos, John. "Notes on Life in Plymouth Colony." William and Mary Quarterly, 22 (1965), 264-86. Demographic study, in JSTOR
- Dow, George Francis. Every Day Life in the Massachusetts Bay Colony (Dover Publications, Inc., 1988)
- Finch, Martha L. "'Fashions of Worldly Dames': Separatist Discourses of Dress in Early Modern London, Amsterdam, and Plymouth Colony." Church History 2005 74(3): 494-533. Issn: 0009-6407 Fulltext: in Ebsco
- Hart, Albert Bushnell, ed.Commonwealth History of Massachusetts, Colony, Province and State (1927) - Vol. 1 ch 4online edition
- King, H. Roger. Cape Cod and Plymouth Colony in the Seventeenth Century. University Press of America, 1994. 307 pp.
- Langdon, George D., Jr. Pilgrim Colony: A History of New Plymouth, 1620-91. Yale U.P., 1967.
- Langdon, George D., Jr. "The Franchise and Political Democracy in Plymouth Colony." William and Mary Quarterly, 20 (1963), 513-26. in JSTOR
- Leach, Douglas E. Flintlock and Tomahawk: New England in King Philip's War. 1966.
- Leach, Douglas Edward. "The Military System of Plymouth Colony," The New England Quarterly (Sep., 1951) v24 # 3 pp. 342-364 in JSTOR
- Morison, Samuel Eliot. "The Pilgrim Fathers: Their Significance in History," in Morison, ed. By Land and by Sea (1953) ch 10 online edition
- Navin, John Joseph. "Plymouth Plantation: The Search for Community on the New England Frontier." PhD dissertation Brandeis U. 1997. 865 pp. DAI 1997 57(11): 4900-A. DA9710902 Fulltext: at ProQuest Dissertations
- Osgood, Herbert L. The American Colonies in the Seventeenth Century. (1904) vol 1 ch 6 online
- Palfrey, John G. History of New England. 5 vols. 1890. Covers Plymouth in col 1 and 2 vol 1 online vol 2 online
- Philbrick, Nathaniel. Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community, and War, 2006 excerpt and text search
- Rutman, Darrett B. Husbandmen of Plymouth: Farms and Villages in the Old Colony, 1620-92. 1968. uses new social history
- Shoemaker, Nancy. "Oil and Bone: Whale consumption in the lives of Plymouth colonists," Common-Place (Jan 2008) v 8#2 online edition
- Usher, Roland G. The Pilgrims and Their History. 1918. solid history by scholar online edition
- Ward, Harry M. Statism in Plymouth Colony. Kennikat Press. 1973. 200pp on state control of citizens' lives. online edition
- Willison, George F. Saints and Strangers (1945) major history of Plymouth
Memory and Images
- Abrams, Ann Uhry. The Pilgrims and Pocahontas: Rival Myths of American Origin. Westview, 1999. 378 pp. online edition
- Anderson, Douglas. William Bradford's Books: "Of Plimmoth Plantation" and the Printed Word. Johns Hopkins U. Press, 2003. 280 pp. excerpt and text search
- Arner, Robert D. "Plymouth Rock Revisited: The Landing of the Pilgrim Fathers". Journal of American Culture, v6 #4 (1983 ): 25-35.
- Peter Benes; The Masks of Orthodoxy: Folk Gravestone Carving in Plymouth County, Massachusetts, 1689-1805, U of Massachusetts Press, 1977 online edition
- Bush, Sargent. "America's Origin Myth: Remembering Plymouth Rock," American Literary History, Vol. 12, 2000 online edition
- John Seelye. Memory's Nation: The Place of Plymouth Rock U of North Carolina Press, 1998 online edition
- Sargent, Mark L. "Rekindled Fires: Jamestown and Plymouth in American Literature, 1765-1863." PhD dissertation Claremont Graduate School 1985. 527 pp. DAI 1986 46(9): 2694-2695-A. DA8523008 Fulltext: in ProQuest Dissertations
- Seelye, John. Memory's Nation: The Place of Plymouth Rock (1980) online edition
- Bradford, William. Of Plymouth Plantation, 1620-1647. Ed. Samuel Eliot Morison 1952 .
- Bradford, William. Of Plymouth Plantation, 1620-1647. edited by William T. Davis, 1908
- Willison, George F. ed. The Pilgrim Reader (1953)