the possibilities to participate in public decision processes, to access to the knowledge and training, to take part of the social local community life.
The term Piazza Telematica evokes a hybrid space indebted in equal parts to the real (with territorial components) and the virtual space that has to be considered as a whole, a new glocal (global – local) public space with a great symbolic value for the democratic interaction and for the social life.
The word “piazza” underlines the semantic significance of a public space traditionally located in the heart of the town centre or of a village and dedicated to communication, meetings, and the exchange of material goods and, at present, through the use of telematics systems and services, to the exchange also of immaterial goods (new virtual services and functions).
The term Piazza Telematica is used for the first time in newspapers and magazines in order to describe the telematics systems and services set up for the journalists in the 12 Italian cities hosting the FIFA football World Cup.
sustainable city, a city that internalise the problems it generates, solving them instead of transferring to other or to the future.
glocal city (global/local), a city with a better balance between the globalisation process and the ability to use local resources.
Post-modern or agora city, a human centred city with a harmonic relationship between the citizen and the urban space.
Participation to the European conference Urban utopias: new tools for the renaissance of the European cities , promoted by the Direction XII Science and Technology of the European Union and hosted by the Municipality of Berlin.
The first pilot project of a Piazza Telematica, supported by the European Union (div. XVI for social cohesion and sustainable development) is opened to the general public in Naples (Italy) in the bourough of Scampia.
In some other pilot projects, as is the case for the Piazza Telematica of the Municipality of Provaglio d' Iseo, the term Piazza Telematica is used in order to evoke a virtual space on the Internet open to all citizens for the exchange of ideas, proposals and participation, through forum and other web instruments, to the socio-cultural and economic life of the community.
- Encyclopedia of Digital Government
- dgCommunities Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration Worldwide
- ICT for Sustainable Development: Defining a Global Research Agenda
- ICT & SUSTAINABILITY Making work more environment-friendly and creating a better society
- Il riequilibrio delle aree urbane e il rilancio dell'economia - Universita' “Federico II” di Napoli
- 2007, State-of-the-art in Good Practice Exchange and Web 2.0 - Report prepared by ePractice.eu - a project funded by the European Commission
- 2007, Fostering Participation in Scampia: Let's Make a Piazza - De Muro et al. European Urban and Regional Studies
- 2004, Közösségi hozzáférés Olaszországban
- 2003, GLOCALIZATION, RESEARCH STUDY AND POLICY RECOMMENDATIONS
- 2001, Territorial Components of the Information Society: Two different Italian case study Telematic Piazza of Scampia and Officina Città of Turin
- 2000, Urban Technology Network Project of Interreg II C - CADSES ; Technologies, information and infrastructures for urban areas and security - Workshop proceedings
- 1998, On-line On-Square by Alessandro Giuliani
- 1998, Piazze Telematiche of Naples (Italy)
- 1996, The Development of Intra - and Trans -Urban Networks (ACT-VILL study C)
- 1995, Report on the AGORA Workshop held at the Conference "Urban Utopias: new tools for the renaissance of european cities" in Berlin (november 1995)
- The Ancient Agora
- The Institute for 21st Century Agoras
- Telecentre movement
- Project for Public Spaces (PPS)
- telematica | telematics | telematik | télématique
- The meaning of telematics
- Piazza Telematica of Scampia
- Piazza Telematica of the Municipality of Provaglio d'Iseo
- Piazza Telematica of the University of Rome
- Piazza Telematica of the Municipality of Schio
- Plaza Telecommunity of Taos
- LIVING SPACE, a community learning centre & social enterprise