From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Photorealism, or pages that link to Photorealism or to this page or whose text .
- Visual arts : Creative fields that produce works primarily experienced through the sense of sight.
- Realism (art) : Add brief definition or description
- Photography : Art and science of capturing an image on a light sensitive material.
- Louis K. Meisel : U.S. writer on art and owner of the Louis K. Meisel gallery, who coined the term photorealism; has also written on pin-up art, and specifically the work of Gil Elvgren.
- Trompe-l'œil : An artistic genre that aims to achieve the illusion of a realistic and threedimensional appearance.
- Airbrush : A painting tool that produces precise sprays of paint and allows a high level of realism.
- Makeup (photography) : Add brief definition or description
- Pin-up art : Artistic genre that concentrates on presenting posing women.
- Retouching (photography) : Add brief definition or description