Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or pages that link to Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or to this page or whose text .
- Health care reform : Rubric used for discussing major health policy creation or changes in governmental policy, that affects healthcare delivery in a given place.
- U.S. Democratic Party : One of the two major political parties in the United States; usually described as center-left.
- Nancy Pelosi : U.S. House Minority Leader and U.S. Representative (D-California); liberal to progressive.
- Barack Obama : 44th President of the United States of America (2009–2017) and a former Senator from Illinois (born 1961).
- Bart Stupak : U.S. Representative (D-Michigan) who has announced his retirement at the end of the 2008 session; U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee; crafted abortion compromise enabling passage of the House health care reform bill, H.R. 3962 and final H.R. 3590; former police officer retired from line-of-duty injuries, attorney, and state legislator