From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Clubb, Jerome M., William H. Flanigan, and Nancy H. Zingale. 1980. Partisan Realignment: Voters, Parties, and Government in American History. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage.
- Key, V.O., Jr. 1955. "A Theory of Critical Elections," Journal of Politics 17(1): 3-18.
- Key, V.O., Jr. 1959. "Secular Realignment and the Party System," Journal of Politics 21(2): 198-210.
- Mayhew, David R. 2002. Electoral Realignments: A Critique of an American Genre. New Haven and London: Yale University Press.
- Rosenof, Theodore. 2003. Realignment: The Theory that Changed the Way We Think about American Politics. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Salisbury, Robert H. and Michael MacKuen. 1981. "On the Study of Party Realignment," Journal of Politics 43(2): 523-530.