From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- PageRank "considers the importance of each page that casts a vote, as votes from some pages are considered to have greater value, thus giving the linked page greater value"
- John Battelle. The Search: How Google and Its Rivals Rewrote the Rules of Business and Transformed Our Culture. Portfolio Trade. ISBN 1-59184-141-0.
- Page L. (2001) Method for node ranking in a linked database. United States Patent Office Google Patents
- Anonymous. Corporate Information - Technology Overview. Google. Retrieved on 03/30/2009.
- Kleinberg J. Authoritative sources in a hyperlinked environment. Paper presented at Ninth Annual ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, January 25–27, 1998, San Francisco, CA. Available at http://www.cs.cornell.edu/home/kleinber/auth.ps.
- Kleinberg, Jon (1999). "Authoritative sources in a hyperlinked environment" (PDF). Journal of the ACM 46 (5): 604–632.
- Brin, Sergey; Lawrence Page (1998-04). "The anatomy of a large-scale hypertextual Web search engine". Computer Networks and ISDN Systems 30 (1-7): 107-117. DOI:10.1016/S0169-7552(98)00110-X. ISSN 0169-7552. Retrieved on 2008-12-17. Research Blogging.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office Serial number 2820024