From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Packet. Needs checking by a human.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode : A technology for the transfer of fixed-length "cells" of digital information through specialized cell switches built on top of optical transmission networks; increasingly obsolescent
- Computer networking internetwork protocols : Add brief definition or description
- Computer networking reference models : Add brief definition or description
- Datagram : A self-contained unit of data, containing a source and destination address analogous to a letter, which can be efficiently forwarded by routers
- Forwarding information base : Add brief definition or description
- MPEG-1 : One of the earliest practical standards for high quality, low bitrate audio and video compression; includes the MP3 audio format.
- Routing : The process of receiving a packet on one interface of a router, validating the packet and forwarding it out the appropriate interface.
- Telephone : Telecommunications device that transmits and receives sound, most commonly the human voice, by converting the sound waves to pulses of electrical current, and then retranslating the current back to sound.