Asynchronous Transfer Mode/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Asynchronous Transfer Mode, or pages that link to Asynchronous Transfer Mode or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Asynchronous Transfer Mode. Needs checking by a human.
- ATM (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Bulk encryption : The encipherment of all traffic on a digital transmission medium, without awareness of multiplexed channels, data link protocols, etc., in the medium.
- Computer networking reference models : Add brief definition or description
- Datagram : A self-contained unit of data, containing a source and destination address analogous to a letter, which can be efficiently forwarded by routers
- Defense Information Systems Network : The shared Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) terrestrial digital communications system for the U.S. military, onto which are layered routed networks such as NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS
- FASTLANE : A family of U.S. National Security Agency approved encryption devices for Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) and Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) transmission systems
- Forwarding information base : Add brief definition or description
- Frame relay : A layer 2 digital data transmission system, used for low to medium speed permanent connection in the wide area, and beginning to be replaced by MPLS
- Internet Protocol : A protocol that is used to transmit data across an Internet Protocol Suite-compatible network, "hop-by-hop" from the source host, through intermediate routers, to the destination host
- Man-in-the-middle attack : An attack on a communications system in which the attacker deceives the communicating parties so they both talk to him while believing they are talking to each other.
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching : Add brief definition or description
- Nonbroadcast Multiaccess : A technique, in computer networks, where a group of "spoke" devices all connect to a common "hub", but the spokes cannot broadcast or multicast to one another
- Open Systems Interconnection Reference Model : ISO standard that describes a layered approach to designing computer networks
- Packet : A unit of information transferred between intermediate switches or routers in a packet-based communication system; the most basic differentiation of packets are whether they contain full source and destination addresses (i.e., are datagrams) or have only the identifier of a connection, which the intermediate device needs to look up to find the destination and take a second step to decide where to forward the packet
- SIPRNET : The shared United States Department of Defense network that carries the bulk of classified information, limited to a security classification of SECRET.
- Virtual private network : The emulation of a private Wide Area Network (WAN) facility using IP facilities, including the public Internet or private IP backbones.
- Warfighter Information Network–Tactical : Deployed in several increments of increasing capability, this is the partially deplyed tactical communications system for the U.S. Army, which have far more bandwidth and is becoming a mobile "on the move" self-organizing network; sometimes called the "tactical internet" Through the Army Battle Command System, it interfaces to the Global Information Grid.