Packed bed/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Packed bed, or pages that link to Packed bed or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Continuous distillation : An ongoing separation process in which a liquid mixture of two or more miscible components is continuously fed into the process and physically separated into two or more products by preferentially boiling the more volatile (i.e., lower boiling point) components out of the mixture.
- Distillation Design : A chemical engineering book that completely covers the design of industrial distillation columns.
- Large-scale trickle filters : One of the processes by which biodegradable substances in wastewaters are biochemically oxidized.
- Theoretical plate : A hypothetical zone or stage in a chemical engineering separation process in which two phases, such as the liquid and vapor phases of a substance, establish an equilibrium with each other.
- Vacuum distillation : The laboratory or industrial-scale distillation of liquids performed at a pressure lower than atmospheric pressure.