Oxford English Dictionary/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Oxford English Dictionary, or pages that link to Oxford English Dictionary or to this page or whose text .
- Dictionary : Reference work containing words classed alphabetically and giving information about spelling, etymology and usage.
- Language (general) : A type of communication system; this term is used in linguistics, computer science and other fields to refer to different systems, including 'natural language' in humans, programming languages run on computers, and so on.
- Linguistics : The scientific study of language.
- : A spelling variant of standard English, derived from Oxford University Press commercial decisions of several centuries ago, and documented in the OED and SOED.
- British English : Any of the spoken and written variants of the English language originating in the United Kingdom; widely used around the world, especially in current and former countries of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Oxford University Press : Major international publisher of scholarly books, journals and reference works.
- Thesaurus : A reference work similar to a dictionary, but, unlike a dictionary, which groups words alphabetically, it groups them according to their meanings.