From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Ottawa. Needs checking by a human.
- 24 Sussex Drive : The official residence of the Prime Minister of Canada.
- Canada, history : Add brief definition or description
- Canada : The world's second-largest country by total area, occupying most of northern North America; officially a bilingual nation, in English and French (population approx. 27 million).
- Canadian Tulip Festival : Flower displays taking place over three weeks in May, ending with the Victoria Day weekend.
- Carleton University : Institution of higher education located in Ottawa Ontario, Canada established in 1942.
- Changing of the Guard : A short, formal military ceremony in which the guard, or official watch guarding an edifice or monument is changed at regular intervals
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Dartmouth, Nova Scotia : (2001 pop.: 65,741), A metropolitan area of the Halifax Regional Municipality, and a former city in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia.
- Department of National Defence (Canada) : The Canadian cabinet department responsible for the uniformed Canadian Forces, departmental agencies, and several organizations (e.g., search and rescue) that may or may not be part of the regular military of some other nations.
- Fenian brotherhood : 19th century Irish nationalist organization based in the USA.
- French in Canada : The linguistic heritage resulting from French colonization of parts of Canada.
- Ontario : A province in eastern Canada, the second largest in area and with approximately 12,000,000 people (2006 census) the most populous.
- Rideau Canal : Waterway, opened in 1832, connecting the city of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada with the city of Kingston.
- Social Credit : A populist political movement strongest in Alberta and British Columbia, 1930s-1970s, and was based on the economic theories of British engineer Major C. H. Douglas.
- Stanley Cup : Trophy awarded to the winner of the National Hockey League championship.
- UNESCO : Specialized agency of the UN, created in 1946, to aid peace by promoting international cooperation in education, science, and culture.
- War of 1812 : A sideshow, 1812-1815, of the Napoleonic Wars, between the United States and Great Britain; Britain ignored American demands to end the impressment (seizure) of American sailors, interference with American maritime rights, and support for hostile Indians in the American West; the war was essentially a draw
- William Lyon Mackenzie King : Canadian politician (1874-1950) who was prime minister, off and on, over a 27 year period, leading the country through WWII and establishing a more independent relationship with Great Britain.
- Winnipeg : The capital and largest city in the province of Manitoba, Canada.