Operation FLAMING DART/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Operation FLAMING DART, or pages that link to Operation FLAMING DART or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Operation FLAMING DART. Needs checking by a human.
- Air operations against North Vietnam : Strategic strike, offensive counter-air, special operations and battlefield air interdiction operations carried out against North Vietnam, 1964-1975, by U.S. forces operating from Thailand, South Korea, Guam, and aircraft carriers
- Air operations in the Vietnam War : Air warfare, generally excluding helicopters in direct support of troops, waged between 1962 and 1975 against targets in North and South Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, from aircraft carriers as well as bases in South Vietnam and Thailand
- Aircraft carrier : A warship designed to launch and recover combat aircraft and aircraft that support military operations
- Circular error probability : The most common metric of how close to a target a weapon will strike: the radius of a circle, centered on the mean impact point, in which half the projectiles of that weapon will hit
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- Operation ROLLING THUNDER : Initial sustained U.S. air campaign against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam), based on a controversial model of retaliation and gradually increasing pressure rather than a short and intense campaign intended to destroy, not dissuade and punish
- Pleiku : The capital of Gia Lai Province of Vietnam; headquarters of the II Corps tactical zone during the Vietnam War
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.