From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Nupedia: Online encyclopedia founded in 2000 by Jimmy Wales and edited by Larry Sanger, considered the forerunner to Wikipedia.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Encyclopedia : A point of reference for structured knowledge.
- Online encyclopedia : An Internet-based structured collection of knowledge, inspired by the concept of traditional paper encyclopedias.
- Wikipedia : An online encyclopedia in every major language, open to anonymous editing by anyone.
- Jimmy Wales : (1966–) Internet entrepreneur and co-founder and head of Wikipedia, and co-founder of Wikia.
- Larry Sanger : American former philosophy professor who co-founded Wikipedia and founded Citizendium as an alternative (born 1968).
- Citizendium : On-line encyclopedia project: a wiki that allows registered, non-anonymous authors to edit any article, with the results approved by qualified editors.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica : Reference work published in 27 editions, starting with the first edition published from 1768 to 1771, to the most recent edition printed in 2007.