Nongovernmental organization/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Nongovernmental organization, or pages that link to Nongovernmental organization or to this page or whose text .
- Civil society: The space for social activity outside the market, state and household; the arena of uncoerced collective action around shared interests, purposes and values.
- Amnesty International: International non-governmental organisation, founded in London in 1961, which draws attention to human rights abuses and campaigns for compliance with international standards.
- BRAC: Add brief definition or description
- CARE: Add brief definition or description
- Human Rights Watch: Nonprofit nongovernmental organization dedicated to protecting human rights around the world.
- International Committee of the Red Cross: Add brief definition or description
- Médecins Sans Frontières: Add brief definition or description
- The Social Capital Foundation: A Brussels-based NGO promoting social capital and social cohesion.
- United Nations: An international organization that was founded in 1945 with the mission of preventing international war, protecting human rights, supporting social progress and justice, and helping with economic progress.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights: Declaration adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, consisting of 30 articles with definitions of civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights.