From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Neurogenesis: The formation of nerve cells from neural progenitor cells by means of cell division.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Nervous system : The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Brain development : The build-up of the brain from ectodermal cells to a complex structure of neurons, glia and blood vessels.
- Neuron : An excitable cell that is specialized to conduct nerve impulses.
- Neuronal progenitor cell : Add brief definition or description
- Adult neurogenesis : Add brief definition or description